Web Marketing benefits of Twitter
Twitter for Hitchin Businesses
Twitter is an extremely fast moving microblogging tool, allowing you to quickly inform people of special offers, latest news and anything else you want to share. The direct SEO benefits of Twitter are limited: any links you post are converted into a tinyURL format and have the no "nofollow" rule applied to it, meaning Google will not reward your search engine ranking if you link to your webpage via a tweeted hyperlink. It is, however, a fantastic way of gaining traffic through word of mouth.
Tweet it Hitchin!
Twitter is often treated by users as a news filter. They follow people who interest them and unfollow people who don't. Therefore if the only thing you tweet about are self-promoting links back to your own business, you're unlikely to benefit from this platform. A successful tweeter is one who people want to hear from, so the more knowledgeable, enlightening and entertaining you are, the more likely you are to be retweeted and followed by others.
Networking & Tweet Ups
It is also a fantastic networking tool, you can follow people and work through their followers list to see who they follow, and who their followers follow and so on. Hitchin even has a regular Tweet Up event for like-minded Hitchin based Twitter users to meet up in person.
Top Twitter Tips
- Twitter moves fast, regular tweets will ensure you're noticed.
- Continuous self-promotion is frowned upon.
- Simply following people can get people following you back, but aggresive following and unfollowing tactics can get your account suspended.
- Use hashtags (#) to let people search for for tweets relevant to a specifc keyword.
- "Follow Friday" is the weekly tradition where users recommend other users that they deem worthy of following by adding the hastag #ff. Spread the follow friday love and soon you'll be #ff'd back.
For more information on the web marketing benefits of Twitter for your Hitchin business, contact us today.